- 2 Points: The confidence interval overlapped with a GPA target of 2.50.
- 1 Point: The confidence interval did not overlap with a GPA target of 2.50 but was below the confidence interval of other demographic fields.
- Student A is an English Learner (2 points), male (1 point) , and his parents did not graduate from high school (2 points). His total headwind score is 5 points.
- Student B is a white (0 points), female (0 points), Hispanic (1 point), Initially Fluent English Speaker, whose parents have graduate degrees: Her total headwinds is 1 point.
- Student C is an African American male (2 points), with a disability (2 points), poor (1 point), whose parents took some college classes but didn't earn a degree (1 point): His total headwinds are 6 points.
This table includes some additional outcomes: